Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23, 2009


Well, another week down and I am that much closer to retirement. Yay!

However, let me tell you about this weekend which looks like it's going to be REALLY awesome! (Hmmmmmm, can a 37 yr old use the word "awesome" and not sound like a geek?) Anyway, tomorrow we have a work day at the church to prepare for Harvest Fest next Saturday, and the church is also hosting the American Red Cross tomorrow for a blood drive. To be honest I am looking forward to donating again cause it has been almost a year and a half since I last gave blood.

Then on Sunday we have a great morning at church planned, followed by that afternoon I am hoping to meet up with a great guy (Brody Harper who can be found @ http://www.brodyharper.com) for lunch/coffee, and then that evening we are seeing Mercy Me in concert here at Frazier UMC. Like I said .... "awesome"!!

And so, I'm settling in to watch Criminal Minds (recorded from this week) and want to wrap this up; so I will close with a great quote I read today from Oswald Chambers which said, "But we must learn that God accepts nothing of the old life! Instead of being on the side of our prejudices, He is deliberately removing them from us. It is part of our moral education to see our prejudices put to death by His providence, and to watch how He does it. God pays no respect to anything we bring to Him. There is only one thing God wants of us, and that is our unconditional surrender."

Think I'll go and chew on that one for a while .... bless you friends.

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates