Saturday, October 24, 2009

A blood donation



We had a great day today at the church, most especially working to prepare for Harvest Fest next weekend as well as giving blood to the American Red Cross. We also had a great lunch (Mexican ... mmmmmmm) afterward with some new friends at the church and we are grateful for the invite from Bobby and Leigha to join them.

Curiously enough (and not by intention) while I was donating blood I noticed I was wearing a t-shirt that said, "Just one drop of Jesus' blood washed away my sin". Pretty cool God moment, eh? And so, as I way laying there donating blood I really had to think about the sacrifice that was made on the cross for me, about the blood that was given so that I could live, long before anyone in my family was even thought of being born. Wow. It is indescribable how much that sacrifice means to me, and how much my life would be totally different had Jesus never came into my life. Two verses came to mind today which are:

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Hebrews 9:22 says, "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness."

With these two verses in mind, I wanted to say thank you Lord Jesus for loving me enough to give of yourself willingly so that I may be FREE today. I am free because of Christ, and nothing else. I confess that I owe my life, my marriage, my children, and everything I have to that marvelous sacrifice on the cross ... and I am without words tonight considering that truth.

Thank you, Jesus. Good night my friends.

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates