Saturday, October 17, 2009

MEN! Step up and raise your kids!


Another great night was spent with my son yesterday. When I got home it got me to thinking about being a Dad and why there seems to be more and more cases of children in trouble where men could have/should have intervened long ago? Look, this might just be my rambling (its my blog so I can do that) ... but just because people can have children does not necessarily mean they should. As I've heard for years, any man can make a baby but it takes a real man to be a Dad.

The Bible is very clear that children are not only a gift from the Lord (Psalm 127:3, "Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him."), but that we (as parents) will be held accountable for how those particular children were raised.

Men ... it's time to WAKE up!!

In my opinion, it's well past the time for men today to step forward and actually be men in their families, and we must take the time to raise our children to respect you, respect other adults, respect authority, and stop trying to be their "best friend" or worse, not be anything to them at all. For example, even though my son is 19, 6'3", 240 something & we go out and do things together as often as we can; I think he knows without any doubt that I will still pop the back of his head when he gets out of line -- regardless of the location or time of day.

I am so sick of seeing children in this nation who are for lack of a better word rejected by their father's for whatever reason. If you were in the room when that child was conceived, then step up and stop being a jerk and shirking your responsibilities to raise your children. You will be held accountable for how you raised or failed to raise your children; and in this day and age there are so many kids who need discipline and to be taught how to grow up it is ridiculous. Men, get off your butts and do something, and quit blaming everyone else for your family's problems -- the responsibility rests with you to bring your children up in the way of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4, "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.") .... so DO IT!

OK, I'm done now.

3 comments:

Lisa on October 17, 2009 at 4:39 PM said...

Amen, Pastor TJ! I am in complete agreement with you on this one.

TJ on October 17, 2009 at 8:10 PM said...

Thank you my friend. I am just so tired of "men not being men" in this day and age when it is SO needed ... Geesh, what a waste.

Pokinatcha on October 20, 2009 at 6:50 PM said...

Great post! I hope a lot of men read it and step it up!

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates