Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9, 2009


This week was busy, but I actually got a few things done between work and home that it was not a total waste. So, without much delay or fanfare here is my latest SSS for this week.

- Tomorrow my daughter is officially a sophomore in High School and I still find myself wondering where time goes so fast!! (Love you Niki!)

- Several things have been lining up at work and it looks like some new opportunities might be on the horizon for me. I cannot go into much detail, but prayerfully this will line up some things for after retirement (which by the way is only 13 months away).

- My brother, Tim, packed up his things and went back to NY yesterday (Saturday) – we wish him all the best and pray that he gets exactly what he desires out of life.

- I’m headed to DC (Alexandria actually) for a week of work with my boss and as always, it is a trip to look forward too but there is always LOTS of things to be done. Hopefully, I can get some clarification on a few projects and on the status of items which are in the “Beltway” waiting on approval/coordination.

- We visited another new church today and honestly the Spirit was simply refreshing. We are still visiting churches in the area and looking for a home church, so please continue to remember us in prayer as we follow the Lord’s leading. Never have we felt more in tune to follow His leading, and this time of “pilgrimage” (as I call it) has really brought a sense of renewal to me and our family.

- I received a letter this week from a church here in town that has received my resume and would like to discuss the available Pastor position. I am anxious to see how God works in this situation and I confess that His will being done is all that matters; and so even in my anxiousness I turn it over to Him for leadership and guidance.

Well, that is about it from here. Please be sure to remember Lisa and the kids while I am out of town this week. It is my hope that you have a wonderful week, and I will close with a blessing from Numbers 6:24-26, “The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates