Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009


I skipped last week’s SSS because I was on vacation, and well there was so much going on in our lives that it just simply took a back seat. So, without further delay here is my edition for this week.

- As most know I had to put my 16 year-old dog, Lucy, to sleep this past Wednesday and truth be told it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Thankfully, God has brought me through and lifted me up (and is continuing to do so), even enough to be able to write a tribute to her in memory: http://tjconwell.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-remember.html I thank you all for your prayers and warm wishes during this time of grief and sorrow in my family.

- School starts this Friday for Nicole (she’s a sophomore now in High School) so everyone is getting ready for that with glee and excitement … Well, everyone except Nicole of course. (HAHAHA)

- Chris will begin his sophomore year in college in about 2 weeks, and it’s such a moment of pride for me to see him being faithful to continue his education.

- Speaking of school, I have only 4 classes left until I finish my Master’s degree, looks like I am on track for a March 2010 graduation.

- Work is work … but at least it is moving forward and things are getting done.

- We are headed to a good friend’s church today to worship and celebrate his recent calling as their Minister of Music. It should be a blessing and a great time of fellowship.

- Our search continues to find a church home, praying that God will continue to guide and direct us as He has always been faithful to do.

Well, that is about it from here. May your Sunday (and your week) be filled with God’s mercy and blessing upon you and your family.

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates