Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3, 2009 Thoughts ...


I’ve spent the majority of the last week praying for several friends who are going through some nonsense and felt the need to get a few things off my chest.

For one, I am tired of hearing about people lying about, and to, friends of mine to make their own self feel or look better to people around them OR to get themselves out of trouble. Look folks, if you ran your mouth and got caught then just fess up, confess it, and then the healing can begin.

This is what James was getting at when he CLEARLY told us, “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). To continue to conceal sin, to continue to act as if you are not doing something wrong is to sin on top of sin and God just isn’t having it. Your life, even your prayer life, is a farce if you are holding malice in your heart and acting like you are all holy. I shared some words with a friend of mine that I am going to re-share here because it just seems appropriate for this issue too:

(START) Paul discusses our own sinful desire very clearly in Romans 7:15-20: (summarized) he says he does what he should not do BECAUSE of his own flesh-led desires, NOT because the devil is making him do it. In all truthfulness, it is actually our own sinful desire and nature taking control and trying to affect those close to us to "get on our side" and agree with us in our sin.

Salvation is NOT your "admission ticket" to acting holy. It is the beginning of a relationship that most believers (this includes even those we think are mature (and sadly still even within our own inner circles)) are still too busy sucking on the bottle to see that there is more than our own selfish desires and needs to be sought after in this life. It's a tough call to make, but calling sin for what it is leads to revelation which brings repentance that leads to the Joy of the Lord. Jesus didn't pull any punches even within his own inner circle (see Matthew 12:48 and Matthew 16:23), and we cannot either. (END)

Bottom line: Quit playing games with God …… He is not impressed.

Second, I have several friends who are really hurting right now (physically, mentally, and spiritually) and my heart is simply aching for them. I am not going to go into a list of names cause you know me I might just forget to name someone (but not intentionally), but considering that I know some are faithful to pray would you simply just pray for my friends? The Lord knows the need and He knows where it strength is needed, so please just think about them.

Well, that’s about it – just wanted to air out a few things. Have a good day.

1 comments:

baylormum on July 3, 2009 at 10:01 AM said...

Whew! Like you needed 1 more headache today! Thanks.
You know when I was in my addiction I lost the ability to be truthful, let alone confess. I lost a lot of things. Thankfully, in recovery, I have found (re-found?) a lot. Next Saturday will be 2 years clean. Wow! I never thought I could live without pain pills or steroid injections.
I have had 3 back surgeries in the past 20 years. Somewhere between #2 (1999) & #3 (2007) I became obsessed with making my pain go away. As a pharmacist, I had "high" standards. Until my prescribed pain meds just didn't cut it anymore. Then I started stealing from my employer to supplement my supply. When I started I had every intention of paying back what I "borrowed". I got caught. But, I didn't stop there. Then the Board caught up with me.
I didn't (couldn't) confess! I kept so much inside. Fear was taking over. Defenses gone haywire. I was a mess until I started out-patient treatment in July of 2007. 2 months after my 3rd surgery. I couldn't be honest in there either, the 1st few days. I still wasn't convinced I was even an addict.
My whole life changed. I am finding myself again. The Christian woman I was years ago, is finding happiness with who she is. God is my "higher power". Always has been. I just pushed Him aside for a LONG time!
I am so blessed that there is a God. And He is loving, forgiving, and patient! Wow! I can't put into words how full my heart & soul feel again! I get overwhelmed.
Fear is a great power. Fear of rejection. Fear of not being accepted. Fear of self. Confusion sets in. Blurry vision sets in. Where does the lie start? Where does it end? The line is gone. I know. I've been there. Deep in there. It's hard to explain & hard for people to understand. I am lucky (blessed).
New friends recently are also making a difference in my life. God brought us together for a reason....
Sorry to be so wordy. Have a blessed weekend. :)
+

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates