Monday, July 6, 2009

God is interested in your work!


I read this today and thought this would be a great devotional to share and get out to some of my friends. May you be mightily blessed through the reading and study of the Word. - TJ

----------------

"It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, He had His eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose He is working out in everything and everyone" (Ephesians 1:11-12 MSG).

Many Christians don't make the connection between Sunday and Monday. They compartmentalize their life. They think, "Well, I've got a spiritual life and I've got a secular life. My spiritual life is when I read the Bible, when I pray, when I go to church, when I do good things for others. That's my spiritual life." And that's over in one compartment.

So then, they think, over in another compartment: "This is my secular life. That's my work, my job, my career, my business decisions, my finances, my pension plan; all these things are my secular life."

God says, "No, that's wrong. All of life is spiritual." The word secular isn't in the Bible. It all matters to God; everything in your life is important to God. God is as interested in your work as He is in your prayers. In fact, I would suggest that He might be more interested in your job because you spend more time working than you do praying.

The fact is, your relationship to Christ is like marriage. Marriage is a full-time relationship, and so is your relationship with Christ. What do you think would happen if I came up to my wife and said, "Honey, I'm going to act married only when I'm at home"?

The fact is, all of life is important to God, and you can't separate your Christianity from your work, just as you can't separate your Christianity from your life.


Shared from: July 3, 2009 - "Purpose Driven Connection"
Written By: Rev Rick Warren

1 comments:

baylormum on July 6, 2009 at 6:28 PM said...

This is such a great reminder! It is a 24/7 relationship. Not just Sunday. Not just when I'm in deep do-do. Not when I'm whiny. It is always, forever. Thank goodness! I need that kind of coverage some days! Recovery is like that, too. It's hard for people who either had a bad concept of God or none at all. To turn your life over to a "higher power"? It is probably one of the hardest parts of recovery. To accept that some people in recovery will never be Christians. It's "too much" for many. I have to accept them for who they are and maybe if I shine a little brighter I can tell them why. Sometimes God can be a little overwhelming to lost souls. The lesson here is patience. :)

+

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates