Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 19, 2009




Well, here we are with another version of SSS for you to chew on. I missed last week since I was traveling back from New York with my brother and let me tell you something: I am getting WAY too old for driving across the country. Seriously. Keeping in mind that we are planning on driving again in November to go back and see family this whole "cross-country trekking" is really wearing me out. Anyway, I thought the attached image was a bit funny and every now and then you just need to know that you are winning at something.

- This past week was a bit of a blur at work since last weekend really didn't exist, but here we are again on another Sunday looking at the week ahead.

- A good friend of mine, Rev Ron Davis, underwent a triple by-pass this week that we have been continuing to pray for. If you pray, please continue to lift him up and his family for a speedy recovery.

- Lisa, Niki, and a friend of her's went down to Pensacola this weekend so it's been quiet at the house. I really did almost nothing this weekend, but I guess it's OK to relax now and then and have a few quiet days at home. We grilled up some steaks, had Chinese food, and did some yard work ... so it was not a bad couple of days.

- Our former Pastor from Texas (and close personal friend) is coming over for dinner on Tuesday night so we are really looking forward to him being here.

- We've really seen a change this week in the weather for summertime and its just plain weird. Normally we are well into the 100s by now and with a high of only 86 yesterday it is just plain odd ...

- This coming Friday Lisa and I are headed out of town on our "mini-vacation" and I simply cannot wait. Of course, I have to drive 5 hours to get there -- but here's to hoping that I am actually able to relax and unwind.

- Lastly, still no word on the church search, but God is in charge and so we are merely following and listening.

I hope your week is quiet and that you are able to rest and relax. Have a good one and be blessed.

1 comments:

Lisa on July 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM said...

I hear ya on the road trip! The last time I drove from Chicago to Philly to see my family, it just about did me in. I was crying by the time I got to Pittsburgh. Any such trip definitely requires two able-bodied drivers!!

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates