Thursday, February 18, 2010

Without words ...


I confess that these past days in conjunction with No Greater Love Ministries to Mardi Gras have been the best I have had since I have been a Christian. My first year at Mardi Gras was a tremendous experience and where I surrendered to a call into the ministry; but this past trip just blew me away on so many levels that I cannot accurately explain everything I encountered. Once I got back home I honestly found myself without words and unable to fully express what I went through, and to be candid I am still struggling as I write this.

I admit that I went on this trip with some difficult questions about my own ministry and I believe that through God’s guidance I have some of the answers which really brings a sense of calm in my life. I know in my heart (and it has been confirmed several times) that I am called to preach, and in preaching I am called to disciple others into having a deeper walk with the Lord … but my primary (still unanswered) question is where it should happen at. We love the church we are serving at now and I guess this is what is causing my confusion is whether I will remain there or if God will move us from this church family once again. It honestly pains me to think about it, so I try not too but rather let God speak and allow Him to give us the guidance and peace. I know that God has called me to preach, and I read a verse this morning that really sums up how I feel about it. Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 6:16, “Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

I am preaching in view of a call for the next two weeks at a church here in town (it is 3 miles from our house) and I am praying that God will confirm if that is the place I should be at, or if I need to continue waiting and watching for His divine appointment. What I am most certain of is that God’s timing is perfect, and through the guidance of the Holy Spirit He will make things clearer as time continues moving forward.

These past 7 days in Mobile and New Orleans have really brought to my life a sense of calm, and have opened my eyes a bit more to understand that the only thing that matters is Jesus Christ; and without Christ I can do nothing nor accomplish anything that has Kingdom value. And so, I am continuing to pray and seek the Lord on this knowing what I must do; prayerfully the answers of where will come soon.

God bless you friends.

1 comments:

Lisa on February 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM said...

Believing with you, that you hear clearly, and all things line up just as God is directing them.

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates