Wednesday, February 10, 2010

God already knows!


Psalm 139:1-5 says, "O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me."

I tell you something friends, as I prepare to get ready for this ministry trip on Friday with No Greater Love I am filled with thoughts of wondering what God is going to do and how He is going to speak to me personally; and am then comforted in the above passage that God already knows!! I am excited and yet at the same time filled with a sense of calm that God is already there, preparing the places we will stay, the people we will talk to, and the witness we will proclaim. Truly, it is an honor to work for the Lord and follow in the footsteps of the disciples, going out and giving the Gospel to those Jesus died for. It is a humbling experience my friends .... humbling.

Throughout the weekend I will (hopefully) be blogging from the trip (as time allows) and will try to toss in a picture or two with the thoughts. I will have pictures posted to my Facebook as well and with any luck can keep folks up to date and in the loop.

If you are praying, my personal prayer requests are: for peace when chaos is abound, for rest when we are in need and weary, and for boldness and energy when God is moving us to expand our tent stakes and take back what the devil has robbed from those around us!!

Thank you for reading, and may God bless you always.

2 comments:

Kelly (race_12_1) on February 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM said...

Go in boldness my friend! For you are right, the Lord prepares the path where He asks us to go. He uses some to plant the seed, others to water it, and then others to harvest it. Yet each task is just the same, as it leads to the harvest!! My prayer is that you will not grow weary, or allow the enemy any opportunity to take you off your task. God will answer His promises and give you rest, strength, and peace, for those He always gives in the exacting quantity we need when we just ask.

Dan V on February 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM said...

Hey, TJ
I'll be praying for you every day, and wishing I was there.
Spiritual radar ON! He's got some surprises in store for you...

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates