Friday, February 5, 2010

The State of our Union


No matter our political affiliation I think we can honestly say that this cartoon appears to be the “State of our Union”. I wonder sometimes, when will we realize that it is our responsibility to bring one another together vice leaving it up to someone else? Jesus gave us clear instruction to bearing fruit and being a positive witness in this world in John 15:5-8.

He said, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

I wonder if we, as disciples of the true and living God, are willing to bear fruit so that we can bring people together vice being so determined at separation? The Gospel tells us that we are to be the witness … that we are to go forth and bring the Good News! So with Good News in hand why do we not grab an opportunity like we have in our nation today and take advantage of it? People are looking for good news, and as a believer of Jesus Christ YOU have the news they need!! Will we ever reach out “across the aisle” and promote Godly unity in our Nation? How about in our churches? In our homes?

It’s up to you friends … it’s up to you.


0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates