Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009


This morning I (finally) woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs and immediately I was thankful for the family that the Lord has given me. My beautiful wife Lisa decided to make breakfast this morning (even though we have a big meal to cook later) and it's just those small things that make me thankful for what I have in this world. As we begin to celebrate Thanksgiving (we are having a quiet one this year at home), my mind goes back to past Thanksgivings where times were much tighter, and still there the four of us were pulling ourselves together and ensuring that what was really important ... stayed that way!!

Today as you celebrate Thanksgiving I pray that you take the time to give thanks, and not just in the traditional praise chorus way or even do it flippantly; but really take time to offer thanks for all that you have been given in this world. Personally, I’m thankful for the salvation so freely given to me through a sacrifice at Calvary that I did not deserve or earn; I’m thankful for the wife and children that the Lord has entrusted to me and all that they mean to me; and I’m thankful for the blessed friends that I have made over the past year while we have each been celebrating what Christ has done in our lives.

May the Lord bless you richly today, and always my friends. I would like to say most especially that I cherish each of your friendships, and I am the one who is richly blessed for having you in my life. May God bless you always. Happy Thanksgiving.

Psa 30:12, "... that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."


2 comments:

Ashley Teasley on November 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM said...

Amen and Amen! God Bless

Lisa on November 26, 2009 at 8:46 AM said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, TJ!

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates