Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Blind Side



So this afternoon, Lisa, Nicole and I went to see "The Blind Side" and folks, let me tell you that this is the best movie I have seen all year. The entire theater was PACKED, and so was the showing before and there was another line to get in when we left. There is a reason this is doing so well in the theaters, and you need to see it if you have not.

I went from tears to laughing to tears several times throughout, and the acting was just real. It was not fake, it was not pushed, it was just honest and straight forward good entertainment with a tremendous lesson that we need to pay attention to those around us, and when we can reach out to lend a hand.

Now, let me be honest and say that there were a few "situational" areas where some language was present but there were no f-bombs, and absolutely NO nudity -- praise the Lord for that! What there was however, was just real life with real situations in the ghetto where one would expect similar types of conversations to occur. However, the main acting of the movie is either done in a Christian school setting or in a home and so the language was non-existent in those areas.

Let me say though, seeing it today was especially great since ALABAMA beat AUBURN last night in the "Iron Bowl". I tell ya what, when the coach of Tennessee was shown there were "boos" in the theater, when the coach of Georgia was shown, more "boos" were heard, when the coach of Old Miss was shown even more "boos" .... however when Nick Saban was on (even though he was playing his former role as coach of LSU), "cheers" erupted throughout the theater! Woo! I absolutely LOVE me some SEC rivalry! HA HA HA

Back on point though, the movie was just first rate and I would recommend it for anyone over the age of 13. Parents, you can feel OK taking your teens to see this movie .... and I would not steer ya wrong. Thanks for reading and thanks for allowing me to promote this film.

3 comments:

Lisa on November 28, 2009 at 8:31 PM said...

Our ten year old was with it when we saw it, and we were ok with that. It was a great movie, and I'm so glad we got to see it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

switchinggranny on November 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM said...

Thanks for the review PTJ.. We loved it too. Refreshing to see a good movie that was clean. Nice to see the Lord lifted up too.

Kristin DeChiaro said...

so glad that you liked it, I agree with everything you said about the movie! I was either laughing, crying or smiling during the whole movie!

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates