Friday, November 6, 2009

Another travel week down ....


This past week has been a real challenge as far as being gone again for work, but I have to admit it really was a great trip. I attended the AF Resource Management Conference and during the week we had some very informative briefings regarding the coming fiscal year for the Air Force; as well as discovering some new and improved ways to do business.

However, I must say that the networking opportunities and chance to hang out with some very old (and a few new) friends really made it all worth it. Nashville is a great city to visit, and I have to admit that being a musician for the last 25 years there is a plethora of music to be heard and to see. Of course, if you happen to be in the right place at the right time you can see some great stars as well such as Big and Rich walking around downtown Nashville as well as some friends of mine met Melissa Gilbert ("Laura" from "Little House on the Prairie") in one of the elevators of our hotel.

At any rate, I have to say that while hanging out with friends is always a great time, it is good to be home and sleep in my own bed again. Actually, come to think about it I am home for 10 nights and then I travel again to DC for more meetings the week before Thanksgiving. Ugh. The lesson here is simple: Enjoy my time home this week and make a REAL effort to not work overtime nor add any time to being apart from my family these next few days.

Here's to hoping your weekend is a good one and you too make an effort to spend some time with your family and enjoy the simpler (but more important) things in life.

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates