Sunday, December 27, 2009

What was celebrated?


For weeks now (even months for some) we have been preparing for this past weekend, and now it has come and gone. The wrapping paper is all cleaned up, the new gifts are finding new homes in the rooms, and all that is left is dishes, exhaustion, and the desire to not eat for a week. However, do you hear it? Do you hear the still small voice that calls to you to remember what we celebrated? It is the birth of the Christ child, who willingly left the splendor of Heaven to come to a world that would shun Him, reject Him, and finally crucify Him ... all for you.

As we all begin to contemplate packing up this coming week, let us remember to NOT pack up the love of Jesus Christ. It is a sacrifice that has been given willingly to you, for the forgiveness of your sins, so that you would not be eternally separated from God in a place called hell. Did you know Jesus spoke about hell twice as much as He did about Heaven? He did so for one purpose, so that you would not spend your eternity there.

So, as you are packing up the stockings, the lights, the decorations, and in some cases the holiday cheer; never forget that their is a Savior who willingly laid down His life for you, to call you "friend". Jesus loves you is more than a catch phrase -- it's a truth that we must embrace today in order to be saved tomorrow. Do you know this Jesus? I pray that you do.

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."
John 10:9-15

1 comments:

baylormum on December 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM said...

I feel I must live EVERY day like it is my last. And that, for me, CHRISTmas is also every day. If it isn't, then what the heck am I doing?? I just used this line on Brody's blog, but it applies here as well. "I am His portion and He is my prize" (from How He Loves). That just blows my stinkin' mind (as Bart would say). He is my prize. Every day. Not just Christmas or Easter. Not just Sunday. Every day. It's hard work, but He is my prize!!! Get it!!??

:)

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates