Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Surveying the Cross


When I survey the wondrous cross, my eyes can never seem to make it all the way to the top. Have you ever felt that way? Have you ever tried to fully understand what Jesus did for you almost 2,000 years ago and never quite get your mind too finish the equation? Consider for a moment all that you have done in your life, good and bad. Got it? Now factor that in with the one single verse which says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

Because of God’s love for this world, He voluntarily gave His only Son so that at the end of your life, should you accept and believe in Him, you shall be able to spend eternity in Heaven.

Someone asked me once if I could ask God one question what would I ask -- and my question is: “Why?” Why would God love me so much that He would send His Son to take my sins away and die? Why does everything in this world speak against who God is and yet He continues to give us His patience and mercy when we do not deserve it? Why does He love us without condition, even in the midst of all of our sin?

Considering all that God has done for me, I often have to ask what it is that I have done for Him in return. Has my life up till this point mattered? Have I made a difference for the Kingdom of God? Have I told everyone I can about the love of Jesus Christ and the forgiveness that He offers to all who believe? My heart is burdened today for those who continue to turn away; for those who continue to deny who He is; and for those who simply will not see the cross as the only way to Heaven.

Have you called upon Jesus? Do you need too? He is only a prayer away and waiting to hear from you, if you would only admit that you need Him.

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates