Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So, what's next?



I guess you could truly say this is a rambling post ...

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and wondering what the future might hold for me and my family. Many know that I retired from the Air Force and while I know that it was God's timing, and it was an act of obedience to follow Him in this, I now find myself wondering what the future holds for our family. I do have another job and I am grateful that I have it (to be honest it is quite challenging and keeps me hopping), but I am wondering if this is the path I should continue on for the next 20 years?

My desire (note that I said "my") is that one day I could be involved in full time ministry and perhaps consult now and then on IT issues, but for now this is the path that we must follow. Sadly though, I am finding it increasingly difficult to spend time doing the hobbies that I once enjoyed (web designing, programming, etc.), but I guess that in this season of transition some of those things might have to go as well. I've heard it said before that "this too shall pass", yet I am certain that whatever the outcome is that the Lord will continue to show us how we must go. But, even with this reassurance it sure doesn't make things any easier ... does it? I guess what I'm saying is that I don't know what is next -- do you?

Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates