Sunday, May 9, 2010

In Awe on Mother's Day


Wow. I am totally and completely in awe of God this morning.

Today, I had the honor and privilege of stepping into the pulpit at County Line Baptist Church as their Pastor; and even though God had given me a sermon this week I found myself simply without words. Being a Pastor is the fulfillment in my life of God's promise when He called me into the ministry and of Philippians 1:6 ... and I stand in awe that God has allowed me, a sinner saved by Grace I did not deserve, to serve Him in ministry. Wow ... just wow.

Today being Mother's Day the message the Lord laid on my heart was from 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, and the main concept for us to remember was/is: Just as our mother's loved us by giving us life, God loved us so much more by giving us the greatest gift of Life, His Son, Jesus. We must love in all things friends ... willing to love in all circumstances ... and give to Christ our full and total obedience. He is so worthy, and loved us so much, that He freely died for us (see Romans 5:8) so that we could live forever. This my friends, is love.

I pray that today is a blessing for all mom's, and that you are being loved upon by those around you whom you have cared for with a never-ending love. God bless you always and may you feel the joy of the Lord around you each and every day.

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates