Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update - April 20, 2010


Just a short update since I really have not said much recently.

Today I hit double digits on the road to retirement. Yup, I now have 98 days left in the military ... and those are calendar days, folks. So, if you factor in weekends, trips away for work, plus a few days of leave in there for some ministry stuff ... I'm looking at about 58 days left in the office. Not bad, not bad at all. For those that have asked I have been offered a fantastic job for after my military career, but at this time (sadly) I am just not at liberty to divulge any other information on it. However, that should change in the coming weeks so stay tuned for more info.

To update all on the ministry issue, I had another meeting last week with the pastor search committee and well, God is definitely at work. While I am never one to put the cart before the horse, I honestly believe that God is working things out, that He has cleared the fog from our eyes because we are focused totally on Him, and that this church is where we should be. The committee told me that they are planning on presenting to the church during the first week of May their choices for pastor, and so I can only say that if this is God's desire for us to be there then it will be. Lisa and I are being faithful and obedient, and standing in amazement at God's perfect timing and peace that He has delivered. I thank you for your prayers friends, they are more than coveted and appreciated.

Lastly, I've managed to lose just over 28 pounds in the past 2 months and since I've really taken to running almost everyday I have been enjoying it immensely. I have a good friend at work who helps motivate me, and I am most thankful for his constant encouragement. (Thanks, Zak.)

Well, that is about it from here. Like I said it was a quick update to keep you up-to-date cause I have not said much here lately. I'm praying that all is well in your world, and that your eyes are fixed on the Author and Finisher of our faith -- for without Jesus in our sights we have no hope of tomorrow!! God bless you.

2 comments:

Pokinatcha on April 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM said...

Congrats on losing 28#s and on 58 working days left! That's AWESOME!!

Lisa on April 21, 2010 at 7:01 PM said...

Well done on the weight loss! It's really NOT fair though, how much easier it can be (not always I know) for guys to lose quickly. I have another friend who's lost 38 lbs. since Jan. Me...nothing! Nada! In 2 weeks of being watchful of what I eat and working out...nothing has changed!
Thanks for your continued encouragement though! It makes it much easier to force myself to do it, when I know you are rooting for me!

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates