Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update on Ministry Prayer


I want to take the time to thank you all for praying and remembering our family as we consider this ministry decision ahead of us (please see the previous blog entry if you need background info). I had a great meeting with our Pastor on Sunday evening and want to pass on something he reminded me of: (let me prep it by saying sometimes you just cannot see the trees because of the forest) ............ he said that God is not the author of confusion. If we are tossing about so much on this and not sure of what we should do, can we really plunge in and say that God is leading us in this direction?

(pregnant pause is inserted here)

Yeah .... that's what I said as well.

So, while I have not come to an official decision and made any phone calls, I think it is pretty safe to say what direction we are leaning on this. We are still praying of course and wanting to be sure, but I think the decision has already been made for us. I feel if the Lord wanted us to be there it would be clear and without doubt, I just want to be sure that my own emotions are not blocking things so I'm going to take the rest of this week to pray and then decide.

Speaking of this week, I'm getting ready to head to Colorado Springs this afternoon for work. I am really hoping to have a decent travel day and definitely have dinner with an old friend in the ministry this week. I found out yesterday that the hotel I'm staying at is directly across the street from "Focus on the Family", so maybe I will have a chance to go visit and look around a little bit. Well, that's the latest from here. Praying your day goes well today and that you take the opportunity to tell someone that Jesus loves them, because the whole world needs to hear! God bless you.

2 comments:

Kelly (race_12_1) on March 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM said...

After much thought I will say two things. Never let "what if's" keep you from saying yes to God, because "what if's" are really another way of saying "I'm not so sure I trust God completely with my future". And I am still praying.

Lisa on March 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM said...

Sorry I've been out of the loop for so long. I finally got a chance to catch up on your blog posts.
You will make the right decision, and even if you don't, God is still there, ready to direct your steps. Your heart is right in all this...what more is needed? Praying you get the clarity of vision you're seeking.

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates