Sunday, September 20, 2009

September 20, 2009


Here we are, another week later and to say that I am exhausted is a complete understatement. After a week of travel to San Antonio full of meetings, discussions, and then two extremely fast vacation days running all over the place to see family I am just whipped. Lisa and I got home about 9:30 last night and everyone woke up with a cold this morning making for a very long, very exhausting day. And so, here are just some random thoughts and notions that I had this week.

- I'm ready for another challenging week of work and looking to dig out from the computer crash a few weeks ago. Man, that still makes my head hurt.

- 19 years ago today I joined the United States Air Force. One (1) more to go folks, one more to go.

- I am really looking forward to the Men's Retreat this weekend (Fri-Sat) in Illinois. This should be an amazing time of refreshing and discussion and another chance to actually get out of the pew and "do the stuff". If you'd like to come with me and are in the area, let me know.

- I found myself taking some inventory this week (as I turn 37 in a few days), and the number one thing I am reminded of is how I stand amazed at how God continues to show me that those whom I call "friend" seem to miss the ultimate example of friendship that we have. John 15:15 records Jesus as saying, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." I wonder aloud, where is that kind of friendship in this world today? Does it still exist?

- Future ministry work continues to become clearer each day and if there is one thing I am certain of, is that God has a plan ... and I am thankful He has moved me out of some situations to teach me what following Christ is really all about.

- I made mention on Facebook last night about the song "My Jesus" by Todd Agnew and how it has really been speaking to me lately. Truly, we have to challenge ourselves and ask, "Which Jesus do you want to follow?" Lord Jesus, who willingly died for me, I want to follow you.

As I close, allow me to offer one final thought: Lord Jesus, help me to follow you and allow the things of this world to truly grow dim; for nothing else matters except Your approval, Your opinion, and Your pleasure as you look at my life. Thank you Jesus, thank you for being my Savior.

1 comments:

Lisa on September 20, 2009 at 6:47 PM said...

I didn't realize you were in the Air Force. I really don't know all that much about you except that you love Jesus, your wife, you have strong political convictions, and you like Mercy Me. Oh, and you travel...a lot! What am I missing?

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates