Monday, January 4, 2010

How is your allegiance?


Most folks know that I read Oswald Chambers, "My Utmost for His Highest", and the devotion from today had a line in there that I just felt needed to be re-said because it is THAT good. He writes:

"Natural devotion will deny Jesus, always falling short of what it means to truly follow Him."

It got me thinking of the following questions for myself and I wanted to challenge you as well to examine your own walk with the Lord:

How is your allegiance? Are you manufacturing your followership of Jesus Christ or is He truly the Lord of your life? Do you obey Him on Sunday and Wednesday and then on other days it is hit and miss? When you say, "Yes, Lord", is Jesus Christ really the complete and total Lord of your life or just when it is convenient?

In my opinion, it's worth exploring for each of us.

1 comments:

Lisa on January 4, 2010 at 6:11 PM said...

The first song on Jason Gray's latest cd is called "More Like Falling in Love". Awesome lyrics and speaks of our faith needing to be more like falling in love with Jesus than just being devoted. If you're truly in love with someone, you want to spend all your time with them, do things for them, etc. Allegiance, at least for me, MUST spring from that.

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates