Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An economic jaunt ...


Just some random thoughts I had the other day ...

Many have been discussing the economic status we are in and of course, blaming this person or that. Well .... even with the economy and unemployment rates 9 out of 10 people still have their jobs; but of course we would never see that on the news; only shots of the “job fairs” across the nation and the 20-somethings who really believed that hard-work was another way of saying “give me what I am owed”.

Truly, we have some real uphill struggles in this nation but I dont think it is all going to rest on the President’s shoulders. As a nation, we have to endeavor to take back what we have freely given away. How do we do so? Well, its not the popular answer but returning to the Lord (as in Joel, Chapter 2) would be a nice start. Second to that would be to elect a Congress who is going to fiscally responsible and stop giving themselves a pay raise tagged onto Child Support bills.

Although, I am sure that whole “wage freeze” initiative that the President initiated will somehow not apply to them. Third? I don’t know … but I’ve said it before and I will say it again: Once our lower-class American people stop waving the banner that they are “owed something” and take responsibility for their situations change might occur. Oh … to see the same spirit rise up in America that brought us OUT of the Great Depression.

Rather, we now have, “give me what is mine cause you kept me down, blah, blah, blah.” (I think you know where I am going.) IMO, we have a constant uphill struggle … but to change is really going to take asking oneself, “What am I willing to give up to have a better tomorrow?”

0 comments:

 

T.J. Conwell. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates